Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Banzal?

So it's been a week since Landon started Banzal. Since then, he went 3 days with almost no sleep, and Sunday started with a fever(which he currently still has on and off). He has been the the pediatrician and they said he looks great. Maybe a slight upper respiratory infection. I'm just starting to put together pieces, that maybe it is the banzal? Online it said to contact your doctor if you have a fever, or sleeplessness, along with other things. I have called twice and continue to wait for the neurologist to call! Frustrating! Hopefully he will be better soon! This is the first time for him to be "sick sick" as I call it. The one good thing is he continues to be pretty much happy! Boy are we lucky...or I should say I, since I stay home with him. Anyone else have any side effects from it?

On the seizure side, he continues to have them daily or every few days. They have been much more severe since we stopped depakote, lowered topomax, and started the banzal. Maybe it's too early to tell?

Hope all is well!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about him being sick like this.. We have been on Banzel for a few weeks now and no side effects other than a bad case of the grouchies... Dawson tends to have that side effect with all of them though..

    Keep us posted on how hes doing. Talk to you soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand how you feel. I hope that you all are as well as expected. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask.

    ReplyDelete