Thursday, January 20, 2011

Croup

So the last few days have been pretty rough here. Landon hasn't been acting himself at all. I thought teething was the culprit, until he started "barking." I only had to hear it once, and we had an appointment at the pediatricians office. Sure enough he has croup. In this house we don't let things get any worse. We try to be proactive. The tough part is Landon can't be on a steroid, due to his prior subdural hematomas(bleeding on his brain). And they would rather not use an antibiotic since he spent almost 3 months on a super high dose for the c-diff. They did a special breathing treatment in the office, and it seemed to help. His cough hasn't gotten worse, but sleeping still seems to be tough. He will sleep 5 minutes only to wake up, and start to fuss. He seems better if I hold him all the time, which makes for a sleepy mommy. I guess the laundry and cleaning will have to wait! Darn, lol

As far as seizures, he continues to have about 1-2 clusters a day. Although I think the zonogram is helping! They seem less intense, and sometimes shorter in length. I'm praying once we add the felbamate we see seizure freedom!

Landon is almost done with the diet. He starts a 1:1 ratio tomorrow! Next Saturday we can start feeding him real food...words can't describe how great that will be! I am praying hard that he becomes interested in liquids soon! I'm ready to throw a "bye bye tubbie"
party!

Praying for all our friends!!! (I miss talking to you all, hopefully we can change that soon!)

Xoxo,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment