Thursday, January 27, 2011

Just passing through...

So yesterday I had made an appointment for Landon to get checked out again. He has not been sleeping, very fussy, and still no eating or drinking. My worry was maybe he had an ear infection or something else going on. I was considering canceling it, but decided to take him. His lungs sounded pretty good, but his pulse ox was low. So they put him in the hospital for some testing. So first thing they come to cath him, and he has nothing in him, so it was a waste. Then iv therapy comes in(which I love, not) the first try she got it in his hand, and reached for something, and pulled it out. UGH! So they move to his other arm, and dig around, and finally get his vein. The thing that gets me about the people doing the needle sticks, while Landon cries they say your fine. No sympathy for him at all! He doesn't understand and it hurts! I want to scream at them to be nice, but I just bite my tongue. So of course if something can go wrong with Landon it does. They had to cath him a second time, and the bloodwork they took clotted. While they came in for the new blood draw, I noticed ladons fingers(with the iv) looked purple. I asked the new iv therapist and she was like yeah ask your nurse. REALLY, you can't help me? I'm sitting here alone, and you just stand there? So I lay him down and run out for the nurse. She comes running in to check. Oh no, the bandaging wasn't too tight like I thought, his vein burst and his tissue was full of fluid! His poor little arm looked like a small elephant leg. And he of course was crying in pain. Now I know it wasn't anybodies fault, it's just his luck. So finally after all of that and a chest x ray, we were told we could go home. His pulse ox was still low, but we should monitor him and call with an update. We are so glad to be home, and Landon is also!

It's been a few days since a seizure, which is amazing!! Woot woot!

Praying for all of you!

Xoxo,
Heather

1 comment:

  1. So sorry that Landon doesn't seem to have any luck when it comes to medical issues, procedures, etc. But on the up side....no seizures!!! Praise the Lord!! How many days has he been SF. I know you count every single one. Hope to talk to you soon. Prayers for more and more seizure free days!! ((hugs)))
    -A

    ReplyDelete