Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Long update

So it's about time for our genetics appointment. I haven't really felt like myself. I feel drained from all the researching and worrying. However Brent and I did make it on our trip to Las Vegas with my brother and sister in law. We had a great time, but couldn't get adjusted to the time change! As soon as I stepped off the plane my anxiety took off again.

Landon was started on felbamate soon after my last post(beginning of March). The Philadelphia genetics team didn't think landons results were concerning, and it was safe to start. He seems to be doing well with it! However, he has insomnia. Fun fun. They said once he is adjusted it will get better. With each increase it takes him a few days, but he seems to do better. He actually went 5 days or so without a seizure! Fingers crossed this is it!

Therapy seems to be going well...they are working on eating, but he still won't drink. He has a scope and tongue clipping Monday morning. We are staying optimistic this will help!

I feel super overwhelmed these days and don't even know where else to begin to blog. Hopefully my attitude changes soon, because Landon needs a energetic mommy!

Hope all is going well for you all! Prayers as always!

Xoxo,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment