Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 1

Sooo, day 1 is coming to a close. Thank goodness! The day started well, but things seemed to not go in Landons favor! First I could tell he wasn't acting 100%. he has started this weird eye flutter thing, and they are conceded way be seeing a new seizure type? They may want to catch one on an EEG. Great, more time in the hospital. Then I noticed Landon have a single spasm jerk. I tried to ignore it, but couldn't ignore the 4 following each half hour, or the 5 minute seizure to end the night. Boo!! And on top of all the seizure activity, it took 3 tries to get his IV started. He was a trooper, but it kills me to watch him cry!

We learned how to check landons sugar and ketones, and I was surprised how simple it was. Not what I imagined, in a good way! Landon hasn't been feeling well, and isn't eating great. Soo we were surprised he is on his way to ketosis...not on purpose at all. He needs to be 1.5 to be released, and he is already .5! So that's great!! Although, we DID NOT intentionally do this! Tomorrow starts the full blown diet. Ready or not, here we come!

I'll keep you all updated!

Prayers for everyone!!

Xoxo,
Heather

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for the type errors...I'm using my cell phone!

    I ment concerned we may be seeing a new seizure type.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOOO!! Stinkin' seizure monster just can't stay gone. Nice to have a break, however short lived it may be. Good luck with the diet. Praying this will work for your little guy! I know things are gonna be crazy for a little while as y'all adjust to the diet, so let me know when is a good time to give you a call. Love and prayers from Alabama!
    Allison

    ReplyDelete