Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 2

So Landon is officially a KETO KID!!! He hit 1.9 today, which means he is officially in ketosis!  YEAHHHHH...

Day 2 has gone well.  His breakfast consisted of oil with a hint of applesauce.  He didn't seem to mind it at all.  He ate it pretty quickly.  About 45 minutes later it all came up.  I'm guessing the oil didn't sit well on his stomach, considering he has never had anything like it.  Lunch went better, he had butter and sweet potatoes.  We decided to add butter instead of oil(even though it is almost twice as much as the oil) and he seemed to really like it.  He kept it down, and didn't seem to get sick from it.  Dinner was also a success...he had bananas and butter.  Once again we didn't have trouble getting him to eat it. 

We had class a good part of the day.  Things seem less stressful once you learn about the menu.  Although my head is still spinning with all the great ideas they gave us on how to make it fun.  Thankfully, we don't have a tough menu until he starts eating food other than out of a jar.  I did my first stick today to test his sugar, and ketones.  It went very well...he didn't even make a peep, or kick me! 

All things considered I must say God has blessed us with a great start to the week.  We had a few bumps, but things are going amazing.  I couldn't have planned it better.

I must get back to the room...I'm saying my daily prayers for everyone!

XOXO,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment