Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 3

Today started pretty well. Landon ate breakfast(butter and pears) really well as usual. However, he was refusing a bottle. I think it's because he is teething, so they gave him Morton in hopes to ease the pain. Lunch came, and on e again he ate it all. (butter and sweet potatoes). He still was refusing liquids, so they started another IV to give saline to keep him from dehydration. Dinner came and went well...he ate it all. (butter and applesauce). Still continuing to refuse liquids. I tried to trick him and spoon feed water and formula and managed to get 1 1/2 ounces in him. The bad news is he threw up again some today, so he is starting 2 medicines to help. I will explain them more when I understand them more. The really bad news is they are threatening a NG tube tomorrow. I DO NOT want this, but I don't have much control. I never imagined that being in the plan!!

We are hoping to be leaving Friday, but have been warned it may not happen. The formula is special ordered and may take longer than planned, so we may have to stay until monday while it is worked out. I'm hoping we are home Friday...of course it's not like being at home! Especially when they come in at 6am, 11:30am, 5pm, 10pm, and 2am for blood work. I pray each time his IV continues to work...

A good note, no seizures today! We will stay at a 3:1 ratio for now. Landon became ketonic very quickly, so we will try the lesser ratio for now.

Prayers for everyone. And I must say I have prayed more this week than I have in months. Sometimes I think God does things to show you the important things! I also believes he creates miracles every day...I know this because I am lucky enough to live with one each day!

1 comment:

  1. Great post!! Sorry to hear you guys may have to stay longer than expected. Hopefully the meds will help him with the nausea and we are praying for many many more seizure free days for your little miracle.

    ReplyDelete